Porcelain teeth are a very good option when you want to regain your smile but also your functionality, managing to enjoy, again, your favorite dishes and drinks!
You will be able to enjoy a series of benefits if you make such a choice:
- The ceramic / zirconium tooth will have a natural look, thus, it will integrate perfectly with the rest of your teeth;
- The materials used are extremely resistant, which follows that this type of work is an investment for a future, because you will not have any more problems;
- New teeth will not lose their color, gloss or natural appearance over time;
- All materials used are accepted by the body, being 100% compatible, there are no allergenic risks or other complications;
- Porcelain is a material that does not irritate the gums.
There are several types of dental crowns, with specific advantages and benefits. The differences can be defined depending on the material from which they are made, but also on the available budget.
Types of porcelain teeth
Porcelain crowns on metal structure
Porcelain dental crowns with a metal structure have the exterior made of porcelain, and the internal structure is made of metal. If the outer shell will crack or chippings, they can be repaired or changed much easier, unlike a crown made entirely of ceramic material.
Porcelain crowns on zirconium structure
The difference between a porcelain crown on a metal structure versus one on zirconium support lies in the mechano-physical properties of zirconium. The base of the tooth is no longer metal, but made of zirconium, an extremely hard material.
Including the way of obtaining the ceramic crown on zirconium support is different. This is obtained by a computerized process, where a zirconium block is shaped into the new shape of the tooth. To it, successive layers of ceramics will be added, in order to obtain a natural tooth, aesthetically and as close as possible to the other teeth.
Porcelain crowns on metal structure or zirconium can replace any missing tooth, and your smile can be regained. As mentioned above, porcelain gives an aesthetic look as close as possible to a natural tooth.
Whether we are talking about a metal structure or zirconium, the new tooth will have an increased strength, but also a very good aesthetic appearance.
Advantages of ceramic crowns on zirconium support:
- A ceramic crown on zirconium support is much more resistant over time to a crown that is built entirely of ceramic, in addition, it will cope much better with the forces of mastication that can lead to the bluting of the new tooth over time;
- The ceramic crown on zirconium support is translucent, that is, light can penetrate through the new tooth, thus having a natural appearance (the metal-ceramic crown or crown made entirely of ceramic does not enjoy this advantage);
- The ceramic crown on zirconium support can be shaped in such a way that its shape and color are in the same shade as the other teeth;
- Getting used to this type of crown is very easy and fast, and the bio-compatibility of the materials used eliminates the risk of allergic reactions.
The disadvantages are relatively few, compared to the advantages of zirconium ceramic crown. It should be taken into account that the price is higher for this kind of work, but this can be explained based on the quality of the modern materials and technology used.
Next reading: Dental Implants Bulgaria – check out what best prices means!