Tooth pain can be an awful experience. It can ruin your day, and it’s no fun. Tooth pain can also be a sign of something more serious going on in your mouth or even the rest of your body. So, if you’re suffering from tooth pain, you should definitely see a dentist (or another health professional) as soon as possible.
However, there are some things that you can do at home to ease your discomfort and hopefully get rid of some of the pain. This article will cover the most effective ways to relieve toothache quickly using natural methods only!
Why tooth hurts sometimes?
Table of Contents
There are many reasons why a tooth may be hurting. Below is a brief overview of the most common causes:
- Tooth decay (also called cavities)
- Gum disease (periodontal disease)
- A chipped or cracked tooth
Check your pain relief cabinet
- Check your pain relief cabinet.
- Take a look at the expiry date of any pain relievers you have on hand. If they are expired, toss them out and replace them with some fresh ones.
- Do you have enough? If not, add more of whatever it is that helps you with your tooth pain (e.g., Ibuprofen or acetaminophen).
- Don’t use old pain relievers! Throw out anything over three years old or that has been sitting around in your medicine cabinet for too long—your body won’t be able to absorb all of the active ingredients in these products if they’ve been sitting around for so long. You can tell when it’s time to toss out an over-the-counter medication by looking at its expiration date or by smelling it: if there’s a musty smell or if it doesn’t seem as potent as usual, then get rid of it!
Rinse with warm salt water
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of warm water in a cup.
- Rinse your mouth for 30 seconds, spit out the solution, and then rinse again (but keep the water in your mouth).
- Repeat this process every 4 hours until the pain goes away
Use clove oil
Clove oil is a powerful pain reliever and an effective natural anti-inflammatory. It can be applied directly to your gums and teeth to help relieve tooth pain, or you can take it internally. Clove oil is best used in combination with other remedies, as it may not be strong enough on its own to provide relief from severe toothaches.
Acupressure is a natural method to relieve pain. It’s based on the idea that there are pressure points in the body where applying pressure can cause changes in other parts of your body. This can be done by yourself or with help from someone else. The main points to use for toothache are located on your hands and feet, but you can also apply acupressure to your ears. Here’s what you need:
- Your thumb or fingers
- A pen or pencil
Very interesting – trhis techniques is also used in many dental clinics, especially when dealing to those who are affraid of the dental procedures.
Taking care of your teeth helps you to keep them longer
The first step in taking care of your teeth is to brush them every day. It’s a simple task that doesn’t take much time at all, but it can help you prevent tooth decay and other problems. If you’re not used to brushing your teeth on a daily basis, start with twice-daily brushing for a few days so that it becomes routine for you.
Next, schedule regular dental appointments with your dentist (at least twice per year). Your dentist will check for cavities, signs of gum disease and other issues related to oral health and provide advice on how to maintain optimal oral health.
Finally, eating healthy foods is important because what goes into your mouth affects both the appearance and health of your teeth over time. Some foods are good for keeping teeth strong while others cause damage or weaken enamel.
If possible try sticking with fresh fruits instead of processed snacks like potato chips which contain sugar that leads to tooth decay when combined with bacteria found in our mouths.
I hope this article has given you some insight into how to stop tooth pain. If you are still having issues with your teeth then please see a dentist as soon as possible. They will be able to give you the best treatment plan for your needs and hopefully get rid of the pain completely!