Tips for prospective patients to dental clinics abroad: all the questions you need to ask a dentist from a foreign country.
Here are 23 important questions to ask the surgeon or dentist questions if you plan to have treatment abroad.
- What are your qualifications and where can I check?
- Do you have a specialty and where can I verify this information?
- What are the treatment options you offer me?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- What is your success rate?
- Are there any side effects or risks associated with the procedure?
- What are the postoperative / after treatment infection rates in your clinic?
- How would the clinic react if an emergency after severe complications circumstances were to occur during the procedure?
- What should I expect right after surgery? For example, will I feel pain, have a bruise?
- At what stage of treatment will I be able to try the first results of treatment?
- What kind of care will I need after treatment?
- How long will I have to stay abroad until I was well enough to go home?
- What happens if I am not satisfied with the treatment or if there are complications after surgery?
- Who will pay for therapy (patch treatment) and the associated costs?
- Can you put me in touch with some of your former patients?
- How will I communicate with physicians, dentists, nurses and other health professionals involved in my care?
- In what language my medical notes will be written?
- Who can I contact for advice once I’m back home?
- How you, your clinic or hospital are insured?
- What happens if I change my mind at the last minute?
- Are you trained or certified in the use of English language for dental specialty?
- What happen if the initial on-site diagnosis is different than the one on which the quotation was made?
- Would you give me all these answers in written, in English?
Regardless of the presence of question #23, try anyway to get all these answers in writing – an email from the dental clinic official email address will do just fine.
This list is just the beginning. Once you start doing your research, you can have a lot more questions. If you cannot get satisfactory answers to all your questions, you ask if is wise to continue…
Advise of the day
Today’s recommended destination for dental clinics: Dentists in Latvia – Daugavpils
We base all our work on reliable and high authority information sources. The pick of today is: https://dentistchannel.online/.